JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wn required!

+2
villainies
jpr60
6 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Wn required! - Page 4 Empty Re: Wn required!

Post  Tilton Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:39 am

jpr60 wrote:Well done Tottingham, I suppose. We didn't play well - sat way too deep from early in the first half without breaking - but I never thought we'd lose. I wasn't happy when it was 1-1 - a draw being not good enough, then up pops HurriKane with a very good header to seal the win for Tottingham. How did that happen?!
I've been receiving e-mails of condolence this morning from right, left & centre. Still, all short-term innit? We've got a game on Tuesday which we will win so we'll be back. Come on Arsenal!

Yeah, you were destroyed by Arry Kane. I actually had you lot down to win this one and it screwed up one of my bets. I'm not happy at all.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Well, may this be of comfort to you in your time of trouble, I'm more "not-happy-at-all" than you are.
However - enter the silver lining - a tasty home win tomorrow night will brighten things up somewhat. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Of one thing I am certain. Harry Kane..........one season wonder. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 am

jak wrote:Of one thing I am certain. Harry Kane..........one season wonder. Very Happy

Maybe so.... I expect someone to offer silly money for him pretty soon
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:16 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:Of one thing I am certain. Harry Kane..........one season wonder. Very Happy

No! Come on! Harry Kane is a Legend - I heard it on the TV - the England team should be built around him (one of the TV experts) - Real Madrid have scouted him three times already. No folks, you must be wrong, we're talking Harry Kane Superstar here, surely Mad

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:56 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

No! Come on! Harry Kane is a Legend - I heard it on the TV - the England team should be built around him (one of the TV experts) - Real Madrid have scouted him three times already. No folks, you must be wrong, we're talking Harry Kane Superstar here, surely Mad

The Media do this every time some English guy dares to show a bit of talent.. All they manage to do is ruin the guy. I hope the Spuds can keep his feet on the ground
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:28 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

The Media do this every time some English guy dares to show a bit of talent.. All they manage to do is ruin the guy. I hope the Spuds can keep his feet on the ground

Absolutely. You know, French, you really are far too sensible to be 100% spud. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 am

An unconvincing 2-1 against a Leicester side that performed very well indeed - how can they be at the bottom? Still, three points it is - Ozil is looking the business now, which is a big positive whereas the injury to Aaron Ramsey is a major worry. Oh well - it's The Cup next - let's get on with maintaining our hold on the old trophy, eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:48 pm

jpr60 wrote:An unconvincing 2-1 against a Leicester side that performed very well indeed - how can they be at the bottom? Still, three points it is - Ozil is looking the business now, which is a big positive whereas the injury to Aaron Ramsey is a major worry. Oh well - it's The Cup next - let's get on with maintaining our hold on the old trophy, eh?!

They're at the bottom because they're not very good. They may have looked good against Arsenal last night but trust me, they're shite. Not the 'tasty' win you were hoping for then? Arsenal should be putting 5 past the likes of Leicester. Still, three points it is, as you say.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:48 am

A very good performance against a Middlesbro side we might have been wary of on another day. Santi Cazorla, Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez were pure excellence on & with the ball, Ollie Giroud scored a couple of tasty goals and, overall the team was good. We'd made some changes but the replacements did their work with aplomb, especially Kieran Gibbs who was excellent up and down the left. Great to see new-boy Gabriel get his first run-out - no problems there methinks - oh yes, onto the QF's now - I wonder who we'll get!
Meanwhile, back to the bread-and-butter stuff of the Premier League - Palace up next. Alan Pardew, we're comin' to get you!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:49 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I bet you two didn't rate Gareth Bale when he was at Spurs either, did you?
You'd love to have Harry Kane up the Arse. You'd love it.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I bet you two didn't rate Gareth Bale when he was at Spurs either, did you?
You'd love to have Harry Kane up the Arse. You'd love it.

Funny you should say that - I thought Bale was well over-rated at Tottingham (I was far from being alone there), in fact i think he still is.
I wouldn't want Harry Kane anywhere near my Arse - the club or anywhere else!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:45 pm

You've got some strange logic, jpr.

You think that Bale was overrated while at Spurs? His fellow professionals obviously didn't agree with you when they voted him PFA player of the year. Twice. They voted him young player of the year aswell, if I remember correctly. What do professional footballers know about it though? They've only played against him, whereas you've seen him on the telly. What were they thinking?

His move to the biggest club in the world hasn't turned out too badly for him, scoring plenty of goals and winning a host of trophies. Overrated? Nah.

Why wouldn't you want Harry Kane? Not good enough for Arsenal?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Tilton wrote:You've got some strange logic, jpr.

You think that Bale was overrated while at Spurs? His fellow professionals obviously didn't agree with you when they voted him PFA player of the year. Twice. They voted him young player of the year aswell, if I remember correctly. What do professional footballers know about it though? They've only played against him, whereas you've seen him on the telly. What were they thinking?

His move to the biggest club in the world hasn't turned out too badly for him, scoring plenty of goals and winning a host of trophies. Overrated? Nah.

No.
And as for Gareth Bale, well if you've got an excellent team throw him in and he'll do a job i.e. run fast and take shots at goal. But if you want your players to be doing a job for 90 minutes that isn't necessarily about looking great and scoring a goal (and that goes for his team-mate Ronaldo) then no, I'd prefer a player who could do a bit of all round work - Lionel Messi would do for me!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:59 am

So it's up to Old Trafford in the FA Cup quarter-final - good, we owe them one (or two) for that smash,n grab they did at The Grove a while back so we'll be up there twice, in the cup and the league and we'll beat'em twice too! Only problem up there is you're playing against the ref too, still, we know that, there'll get their penalty but we'll have to much for 'em - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:54 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:You've got some strange logic, jpr.

No.
And as for Gareth Bale, well if you've got an excellent team throw him in and he'll do a job i.e. run fast and take shots at goal. But if you want your players to be doing a job for 90 minutes that isn't necessarily about looking great and scoring a goal (and that goes for his team-mate Ronaldo) then no, I'd prefer a player who could do a bit of all round work - Lionel Messi would do for me!

So you're saying that Spurs had an excellent team then? He seemed to do a good job there.
Maybe one day Arsenal will have an excellent team too, and then you'll be purring over the talents of players like Bale and Ronaldo. You're going to tell me that you'd prefer a team of good old fashioned 'honest' cloggers, aren't you?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:11 pm

No, but I'm not a fan of show-boaters either.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Neither am I, unless those type of players can back it up with an end result. Both of those players can. Easily.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Tilton wrote:Neither am I, unless those type of players can back it up with an end result. Both of those players can. Easily.

Yes in a good team (no, not Tottingham) but you do have to put up with the show-boating nonetheless.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:18 pm

We have an excellent team... No showboaters either
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:32 pm

You're right there Frenchie, your lot have been putting in a shift and play as a team - that's yer manager.
The Arsenal don't have show-boaters either - there's Alexis who does more work than anyone else, every match which gets the others doing more and there's Ozil who is so elfin' cool on the ball it ain't true plus, of course Santi Cazorla who's a genius but does defensive work too when necessary. I like it like that!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Well that's all very nice but only a madman wouldn't want Christiano Ronaldo playing for their club. Are you a madman jpr?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Tilton wrote:Well that's all very nice but only a madman wouldn't want Christiano Ronaldo playing for their club. Are you a madman jpr?

Opinions, opinions. I'm well pleased with the squad we've got, sans Ronaldo & Bale.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:25 pm

So that's Palace done and dusted (yes, it looked a might close for comfort at the death but we were really much better than that and on a piss-poor surface that cut up, slippin'n sliding') in a match that was more FA Cup third round than quality Premier League stuff (that'll be Alan Pardew's influence no doubt).
Next up, CL home to Monaco - come on Arsenal, time to dish it out again!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 am

Oh dear! That was a non-performance of note - defence? non-existant - midfield? far too deep (we need Santi's mazy dribbles in and around the penalty area, not on the half-way line) - attack? Welbeck unable to anticipate, Giroud just unable! Looks like we need Szczesny back too - Ospina looked out of it for at least two of the goals. Mertesacker? Time to be replaced by Gabriel methinks. I predicted a 3-0 win for us last night - now we'll need it to get through in Monaco. Meanwhile, back to the drawing-board for the Everton match this weekend - a must-win for all sorts of reasons!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next