JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wn required!

+2
villainies
jpr60
6 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Wn required! - Page 7 Empty Re: Wn required!

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Oscar was pushed to the ground... The goalkeeper made no attempt at the ball.

It should have been a sending off
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:02 am

jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:You're on the wind up here, jpr, aren't you? Please tell me you are.

The ref doesn't have to blow for a foul as soon as your keeper flattens Oscar. He can wait and see if the ball goes in. He can then retrospectively take any action he deems necessary. It's called playing the advantage and the rule has been in force for a while..........

Your scenario of the ref blowing up, the ball going in, and Chelsea ending up with a pen instead of a goal doesn't need to happen. This is what the rule is for.

When the ball didn't go in, the ref should have called play back to the initial contact and awarded a foul against your keeper, meaning a penalty as it was inside the box. The keeper should also have been booked at the very least. It was a terrible decision by the ref. And I think you know it.

Also, by your logic, it's ok for a player to arrive late into a challenge and no action should be taken because "he just arrived late"? Let's see if the same applies next time an Arsenal player gets injured by a player "just arriving late" and the ref gives you nothing.........

Clearly the Chelsea bloke played the ball - Ospina didn't in any way effect the ball that was played, so he didn't stop the bloke scoring (Belerin did, thankfully) - after which Ospina arrived, having gone for the ball. That's never a pen - it could be a yellow card but once, as a keeper you take off for a ball it's somewhat difficult to stop mid-jump cos the bloke's hit the ball first. I don't see that as a pen or a red card. If it happened at the other end where, say John Terry arrived late in the tackle after, say Giroud had shot it could well be a yellow card but that would be a tackle at ground level - when a keeper takes off for a high ball it's difficult to stop mid-flight to avoid a player, on the ground you can pull a foot out of the tackle (if you want to) to avoid any damage. Come on, the ref got it right, for once. Good thinking ref!

Now you're just making yourself sound stupid, jpr No

As I thought, if it had been the other way around it would have been a penalty. Don't give me that shite about the height of the assault. It was a reckless challenge by your keeper, causing a head injury to Oscar. They had to take him off at half-time, as you know. So not only did you get away with not having to face a penalty, one of Chelsea's best players got taken out of the game.

As Frenchspur says, your keeper should probably have been sent off aswell. That would have made it a very different game. Arsenal got lucky. Very lucky.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:48 pm

For once I agree with the ref - so did Mourinho, apparently!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Wrong again, jpr No

Mourinho did not agree with the ref. He went mad at the 4th official at the time and declined to comment directly on the decisions afterwards.

Instead, he graciously said he wanted to for get about the penalties and complimented the ref on having an otherwise decent game. He said it was a fair result, apart from the penalty decisions.

He's got class you see. Can you imagine Wenger letting it go like that? Old Arsene would still be whining about it now.....

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Tilton wrote:Wrong again, jpr No

Mourinho did not agree with the ref. He went mad at the 4th official at the time and declined to comment directly on the decisions afterwards.

Instead, he graciously said he wanted to for get about the penalties and complimented the ref on having an otherwise decent game. He said it was a fair result, apart from the penalty decisions.

He's got class you see. Can you imagine Wenger letting it go like that? Old Arsene would still be whining about it now.....

And I suppose you're waiting for me to bite, eh? Laughing

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 01, 2015 12:12 pm

Nope. I'm waiting for you to admit that you're wrong.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 01, 2015 1:42 pm

I'd be the first to admit a mistake Tilts - it has happened (although I don't remember when - one is not often wrong or, indeed mistaken) - but on this occasion it's a matter of understanding the ways of football, which I do. Perhaps you don't but that's not a problem and I certainly wouldn't expect you to admit your mistake, if you don't understand then that's it, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 04, 2015 8:54 am

So Hull away on Bank Holiday Monday. Let's keep it going, three points to try to nail that second place - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 05, 2015 8:51 am

A very nice win - 3-up at half time and I'd hoped we'd double it in the second half to boost our goal difference but hey, who's complaining? There was some loverly football played out their - let's keep it coming for the next one. When? Monday of course (????!!!!), when we welcome The Swans to The Grove. Come on Arsenal oh and welcome back Jack Wilshere, after a five-month layoff. He looked sharp too. Yes, come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed May 06, 2015 3:13 pm

jpr60 wrote:I'd be the first to admit a mistake Tilts - it has happened (although I don't remember when - one is not often wrong or, indeed mistaken) - but on this occasion it's a matter of understanding the ways of football, which I do. Perhaps you don't but that's not a problem and I certainly wouldn't expect you to admit your mistake, if you don't understand then that's it, eh?

Wrong again, jpr No

You have shown that you don't even understand the concept of the Advantage Rule, for starters.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:I'd be the first to admit a mistake Tilts - it has happened (although I don't remember when - one is not often wrong or, indeed mistaken) - but on this occasion it's a matter of understanding the ways of football, which I do. Perhaps you don't but that's not a problem and I certainly wouldn't expect you to admit your mistake, if you don't understand then that's it, eh?

Wrong again, jpr No

You have shown that you don't even understand the concept of the Advantage Rule, for starters.

I'm trying to keep up - OK, Advantage Rule, ref plays advantage cos the attacking player has struck the ball goalwards, the ball doesn't go into the net (thanks to our excellent covering defender) so the "Advantage" is, presumably, lost, thus what? Help me with this, cos I fear I'm outa my depth!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu May 07, 2015 10:59 am

Yes, the advantage was lost when the ball didn't go into the net. The ref should have blown his whistle, called play back to where your keeper flattened the attacker and given a foul against your keeper for the reckless challenge. It was inside the box, thus a penalty should have been given and your keeper probably sent off. The ref made a mistake. It's quite simple.

Have you got it this time?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Tilton wrote:Yes, the advantage was lost when the ball didn't go into the net. The ref should have blown his whistle, called play back to where your keeper flattened the attacker and given a foul against your keeper for the reckless challenge. It was inside the box, thus a penalty should have been given and your keeper probably sent off. The ref made a mistake. It's quite simple.

Have you got it this time?

Ah, but what you've missed there in your "expert" analysis is that the attacker played the ball before the keeper collided with him, thus there was no foul to influence the play - the ball was played, the shot was on target (but our defender cleared the ball) so the fact that our keeper's movement took him into a collision with the attacker had no effect on the play, thus no foul, no penalty and perrlease, no more bullsh!te!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 08, 2015 9:40 am

So by your logic, nobody ever gets penalised for a 'late' challenge? The ball has already been played, so it's ok to assault the opposition player? The fact that the challenge had no effect on the play means that no foul is given? So why do refs book / send off players / give free kicks and penalties hundreds of times a season for challenges that happen after the ball has been played?

What about your scenario earlier in this thread, when Terry makes a 'late' challenge on an Arsenal player? You said that a foul would probably be given in that scenario. So why not here?

And don't give me that bizarre explanation about it being 'at ground level' or whatever you said!

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat May 09, 2015 9:53 am

Tilton wrote:So by your logic, nobody ever gets penalised for a 'late' challenge? The ball has already been played, so it's ok to assault the opposition player? The fact that the challenge had no effect on the play means that no foul is given? So why do refs book / send off players / give free kicks and penalties hundreds of times a season for challenges that happen after the ball has been played?

What about your scenario earlier in this thread, when Terry makes a 'late' challenge on an Arsenal player? You said that a foul would probably be given in that scenario. So why not here?

And don't give me that bizarre explanation about it being 'at ground level' or whatever you said!

I can only repeat that Ospina is not Superman - he can't stop once he's off the ground and going for a high ball. Similarly the attacker couldn't stop his forward motion - perhaps he should have been penalized for colliding with our keeper! Enough already - my focus is on Swansea at The Grove on Monday. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon May 11, 2015 1:20 pm

I'm going to remind you of this point of view every time an Arsenal player gets poleaxed and you complain about the challenge.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 11, 2015 2:23 pm

Goooooood.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 12, 2015 7:51 am

A disappointing night. I wasn't happy with a point and then we conceded so I was totally frustrated! Full credit to Swansea, they came to stop us playing, defended well - always eleven behind the ball until the final minute or two and we'll just have to find how to cope cos it certainly won't be the last time the opposition shut up shop. We were poor with our finishing though, both Alexis and Theo should have scored - Fabianski played well on his return so good for him but not so good for us. We win our remaining games we could still finish second, we drop points at Old Trafford next weekend and we'll probably finish fourth! I reckon we'll do the business in Manchester and hope, meanwhile that City fall asleep again so we can still claim that No.2 spot.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue May 12, 2015 11:09 am

And this is what worries me about Arsenal. Way too inconsistent.

You're going to lose the FA Cup Final, aren't you? I can feel it.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 18, 2015 10:42 am

Just the one point but given how poor we were at Old Trafford in the first half I'll settle for that. Yes, we could have won it at the death but, there we are!
Sunderland up next, on Wednesday night. We really do need a good performance to settle us down after a couple of iffy games - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon May 18, 2015 3:24 pm

I'll say it again: You're going to lose to the scum in the Cup Final, aren't you?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Tilton wrote:I'll say it again: You're going to lose to the scum in the Cup Final, aren't you?

Don't be daft, it's our cup and we're keeping it!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 18, 2015 6:28 pm

An afterthought.................Didn't you see Tactics Tim preparing for the final? He wore his best clobber (no more gilets, eh?), OK, he forgot to shave but he was clearly trying to get used to wearing Proper Manager's kit for an important away match. Oh yes, his team got clobbered too. All in all the perfect preparation for 30th May at Wemberly!

Last edited by jpr60 on Wed May 20, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed May 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Yes, it was funny to see them resorting to their previous form and getting hammered  Laughing

I've got a bad feeling about the Cup Final though......

I'd feel much more confident if it was Chelsea or Man City they were playing. Even Man United, to be honest. Arsenal just worry me and I really won't be surprised if you lose to them.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Oh ye of little faith, The Arsenal will not let me down (and, therefore, given your vague dislike of the Astons of Villa, there's nowt for you to concern yourself with)! Wink

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next