JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle

+5
QBVILLA
ADRIAN_1976
villanfromluton
roadoftrinity
Jay.P.A
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Newcastle - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle

Post  villainies Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 am

IMO there is definitely a problem between eck, Ireland and Zog. I thought his comments at the end of the match yesterday were aimed squarely at both of them re: not working hard enough and I agree with him entirely. From what I hear Zog (and a couple of others to be fair) can't leave the training ground quickly enough during the week. Zog is almost always thefirst to leave. This from player that has been chased twice by a manager that clearly rates him yet has so far showed no commitment at all. I don't think he'll be around next year whatever happens with the manager. We're in difficult times, the manager is an easy target but he hasnt got the best out of the squad by a long shot. Zog and Hutton are turning out to be shockers but are there beteer managers out there right now and do we really need a third manager in less than 3 seasons? Eck has to get a grip on this now and finish the season well. A couple of players need to start grafting much harder and supporters be a bit more honest about where the problems lie. We won't go down but 14th 15th would be a massive failure and we can't afford another change IMO.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:21 am

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I thought we were poor in second half.. Keane has done way better then i thought.. esp after his West Ham spell.. him and Bents movement is good and we create chances..

Heskey was shite i thought.. wont help us create anything.. and if he's the answer to bring on for LW then that says it all.. the defensive errors just keep on rolling on week after week.. Cuellar was the best but with the rest of the turnips that doesnt say much..

Now reports coming out that Ireland told him to fcuk off.. N Zog tweeting he is hating his football.. and Talk Sport talking about players openly showing dissent towards Mcliesh.. not sure how much truth in any of this but will be an interesting few weeks..

Did you actually watch the game?

Yes.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:21 am

villainies wrote:IMO there is definitely a problem between eck, Ireland and Zog. I thought his comments at the end of the match yesterday were aimed squarely at both of them re: not working hard enough and I agree with him entirely. From what I hear Zog (and a couple of others to be fair) can't leave the training ground quickly enough during the week. Zog is almost always thefirst to leave. This from player that has been chased twice by a manager that clearly rates him yet has so far showed no commitment at all. I don't think he'll be around next year whatever happens with the manager. We're in difficult times, the manager is an easy target but he hasnt got the best out of the squad by a long shot. Zog and Hutton are turning out to be shockers but are there beteer managers out there right now and do we really need a third manager in less than 3 seasons? Eck has to get a grip on this now and finish the season well. A couple of players need to start grafting much harder and supporters be a bit more honest about where the problems lie. We won't go down but 14th 15th would be a massive failure and we can't afford another change IMO.

HP?
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villainies wrote:IMO there is definitely a problem between eck, Ireland and Zog. I thought his comments at the end of the match yesterday were aimed squarely at both of them re: not working hard enough and I agree with him entirely. From what I hear Zog (and a couple of others to be fair) can't leave the training ground quickly enough during the week. Zog is almost always thefirst to leave. This from player that has been chased twice by a manager that clearly rates him yet has so far showed no commitment at all. I don't think he'll be around next year whatever happens with the manager. We're in difficult times, the manager is an easy target but he hasnt got the best out of the squad by a long shot. Zog and Hutton are turning out to be shockers but are there beteer managers out there right now and do we really need a third manager in less than 3 seasons? Eck has to get a grip on this now and finish the season well. A couple of players need to start grafting much harder and supporters be a bit more honest about where the problems lie. We won't go down but 14th 15th would be a massive failure and we can't afford another change IMO.

HP?

yeah. Everyday apparently, can't get out of there quick enough. fecking chancer, I'm losing patience with him and don't think he'll turn it round. Its a bummer as it represents AM's highest profile signing so it counts against him. As for Ireland he still thinks he's a top class player and that game against Chelsea hasn't helped his opinion of himself. Aaargh this season is becoming a tough one for the supporter.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Lets just look at the facts.

In the last two games, N'Zogbia has got a goal and an assist.

He tweeted last night that he's not enjoying his football, he then deleted it, then tweeted about 3 of 4 fans opinions of him, good and bad opinions of him. He then tweeted;

'Football goes up and down, massive challenge for me. What doesn't kill u make u stronger !! I have learned from it!'

So it looks like thats been papered up.

Then there's rumours of Steven Ireland being pissed of with McLeish and vice versa. Today, AM comes out saying that he's brushed off the little spat with Ireland, here's the article:

Alex McLeish brushed off suggestions of a spat with Stephen Ireland – even though the midfielder was clearly seen swearing at him during Villa’s 2-1 loss at Newcastle.

The Villa boss substituted Ireland, one of the club’s best performers recently, at half-time after he confirmed the player had an ankle injury.

Ireland had earlier told McLeish to “f*** off” as the pair exchanged words concerning his failure to close down Newcastle’s Danny Guthrie for the home side’s opening goal.

But in his post-match press conference McLeish felt the media were making something out of nothing.

“I never saw the eff-off thing. I know he spoke back,” said the Scot.

“I wouldn’t be so petty to take a player off for something like that (swearing) if he’s doing a fantastic job. Stevie had an ankle problem.

“The opposition have a great work ethic, the whole lot of them. That was the reason for their first goal.

“I don’t even know why you (the media) want to elaborate on it. It’s trivial.”

To cap a miserable day for McLeish, Villa winger Charles N’Zogbia revealed on Twitter: “For the first time in my life I’m not happy playing football.”

It is not known whether the French winger will be punished for his outburst.

McLeish said the decision to substitute him for Emile Heskey in the 66th minute was a tactical one.

Fact of the matter is Ireland and N'Zogbia aren't the best role models or have the best work ethic, but unfortunatly they are the players who at thier best can change games by themselves. They are our biggest goal threats after Bent and Gabby.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:24 pm

N'Zogbia is a fcuking disgraceful worm and as for Ireland i've never seen a player duck out of so many 50/50s.Fcuking pussy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:30 pm

N'Zogbia needs to grow some balls rather than whinge. He was a passenger for most of the game yesterday and could have no complaints when he was subbed.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Get the feeling with N Zog is that he scored a few scorcher for Wigan so the odd night in 8 he looked good on MOTD.. consistency isn't his best asset..

Don't think anyone would give us more then 6M for him right now.. so we are stuck with him..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Ireland def has the ability but like you say is a pussy.. best to get rid really.. like was planned in the summer..

In the summer we were looking at Ireland Warnock Dunne Collins all leaving.. with the exception of maybe Dunne the others haven't shown anything to suggest that was the wrong thought..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:27 am

QBVILLA wrote:N'Zogbia is a fcuking disgraceful worm and as for Ireland i've never seen a player duck out of so many 50/50s.Fcuking pussy

Stuart Downing.... Whistle
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:29 am

I hate to say this but.....were we better with GH in charge!? Shocked
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:37 am

Jay.P.A wrote:I hate to say this but.....were we better with GH in charge!? Shocked

No we weren't
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:04 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:N'Zogbia is a fcuking disgraceful worm and as for Ireland i've never seen a player duck out of so many 50/50s.Fcuking pussy

Stuart Downing.... Whistle

You're right, Downing is and was a fairy!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:42 am

Jay.P.A wrote:I hate to say this but.....were we better with GH in charge!? Shocked

Do you think we were?

Not in the slightest for me, McLeish has his faults, but at least we have someone managing the club that isn't putting us down and actually seems proud to have the job.

I'm warming to McLeish, and if he can sort out defence out in the summer by shipping out a few of them then I think we will be ok, also he needs to get a grip on his signing N'Zogbia and get him playing consistently well.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 am

Same here R.O.T, plus Houllier also had the advantage of being able to name Young and Downing into the team.McMinge hasn't been in anyway disrespectful to the club or the fans like that frog cnut was either.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:41 am

Think we was playing better under GH as the season went on as the players got used to the tactics, but who knows how he would have done without Young and Downing.

Fair to say though that neither appointment has been that successful

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Think we was playing better under GH as the season went on as the players got used to the tactics, but who knows how he would have done without Young and Downing.

Fair to say though that neither appointment has been that successful

Last season for me was the worst i'd seen from a Villa side since O'Leary's last season.I'm all for possession but it was that slow and lacklustre it bored the life out of me.Whilst we've had some real stinkers this season i've also enjoyed a lot of the games.Despite the result on Sunday i enjoyed the game and the performance.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:29 am

The fact that this season I have given up going to away matches thinks shows that they have bored the crap out of me more then ever.

Spurs and Swansea was the final straws for me, poor negative football with no attempts on goal.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:33 am

difficult to compare for me. GH made some silly comments, seemed to alienate some players and played some bad football but he also turned the corner and finished strongly. Don't know how he would've faired this year without Young and Downing but would he have done much worse than our current position? Plus i wouldn't have had to watch Dunne trundle around the pitch like a retired sumo trying to ping 60 yard passes to Heskey!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:40 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:The fact that this season I have given up going to away matches thinks shows that they have bored the crap out of me more then ever.

Spurs and Swansea was the final straws for me, poor negative football with no attempts on goal.

That came off the back of last season as well though.
And Villainies Houllier didn't finish strongly, that happened under Gary Mac
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:45 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:The fact that this season I have given up going to away matches thinks shows that they have bored the crap out of me more then ever.

Not really, I didn't miss an away game last season, and I started this season going to them all as well, but it quickly became apparent that Mctwat doesn't try to win away games, he tries not to lose them. Thats a big difference and I wasn't travelling and shelling out for it. Now to be fair latest away games has obviously been better, the amount of criticism he got forced him to adopt new tactics, but I have since found that I don't mind watching them on tv tbh saving nearly £100 a time and hours in travelling.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Not really, I didn't miss an away game last season, and I started this season going to them all as well, but it quickly became apparent that Mctwat doesn't try to win away games, he tries not to lose them. Thats a big difference and I wasn't travelling and shelling out for it. Now to be fair latest away games has obviously been better, the amount of criticism he got forced him to adopt new tactics, but I have since found that I don't mind watching them on tv tbh saving nearly £100 a time and hours in travelling.

Mate you only have to take a look at the posts you were making last season to see your interest was waning.The way our away form was early on made your mind up.After all the years you've been going a 4 month period isn't going to the decider.In my case i simply lost the interest in going and i prefer watching the games in a pub now.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:38 pm

Would've been better off under Houlier.. the likes of Warnock Collins and Ireland would've been out..

The scouting search would've been better.. Cabaye..Larsson and Taiwo would've been in a Villa Shirt..

Houlliers problem was that he fcuked up big time with the Liverpool debacle and the Man City game..

I'd have Houllier over Mcminge any day.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:41 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Would've been better off under Houlier.. the likes of Warnock Collins and Ireland would've been out..

The scouting search would've been better.. Cabaye..Larsson and Taiwo would've been in a Villa Shirt..

Houlliers problem was that he fcuked up big time with the Liverpool debacle and the Man City game..

I'd have Houllier over Mcminge any day.

Because you are mad.Why do you honestly believe we'd have signed those players? Houllier has a history of shit transfers and he is a disaster as a manager.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 pm

I do actually.. all about opinions really.. i know youve never been a fan of his.. he wasnt my choice then but i think given time he wouldve done well and got some good players in..

But i am biased when it comes to Mcminge.. hate the cnut Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next