JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Days left.....

+7
QBVILLA
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
ADRIAN_1976
roadoftrinity
truevillan
villanfromluton
Jay.P.A
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

4 Days left..... - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 Days left.....

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:21 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Breaking News:

Aston Villa are pleased to announce the signing of Tony Nash, 47 from Shaktar Senseless of the Luton Veteran league division 5. The Villa boss Paul Lambert said, " Nash is one we've been looking at for a while. He fits the criteria of a hungry player from the lower leagues perfectly. In fact i've never met a fella with such hunger, he polished off 4 pukka pies, 1 doner kebab and a kit kat during our initial meeting". Nash's manager at Shaktar, Bill Shutter said, " We're dead chuffed for Nasher, he's earnt his move after running the line for us the last 28 years".Nash is said to have a left foot not dissimilar to Christie Brown and stamina levels like John Prescott on a secretary. Unfortunately Nash was unavailable for comment as he was stuck in the queue at McDonalds drive through

I am honoured to have joined such a famous club and play alongside the likes of Jordan Bowery, who I predict one day will emulate his hero Emile Heskey in socring a goal every 15 games if he continues to improve. I would say my biggest assets are speed to get to the front of the queue along with strength in knocking people out of the way if they dare get in front of me for my sausage rolls. When growing up to the size I am now, my idols were the likes of Jan Molby and Neville Southall, along with Mike Gatting (fat fecker beat me in a pie eating contest in 1998). The gaffer has said I will bring much needed experience to the defence, in fact I am older than the other three defenders added together. He has also said there may be another signing before the deadline that will excite the Villa fans (the Asian ones anyway). Cant say too much but the Asian lad is known for being a bit thick off the pitch and talks a lot of shite, but is willing to come to the club if Villa assist him with his corner shop in Bordsley Green and look after his recently born baby.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Aston Villa are pleased to announce the signing of Tony Nash, 47 from Shaktar Senseless of the Luton Veteran league division 5. The Villa boss Paul Lambert said, " Nash is one we've been looking at for a while. He fits the criteria of a hungry player from the lower leagues perfectly. In fact i've never met a fella with such hunger, he polished off 4 pukka pies, 1 doner kebab and a kit kat during our initial meeting". Nash's manager at Shaktar, Bill Shutter said, " We're dead chuffed for Nasher, he's earnt his move after running the line for us the last 28 years".Nash is said to have a left foot not dissimilar to Christie Brown and stamina levels like John Prescott on a secretary. Unfortunately Nash was unavailable for comment as he was stuck in the queue at McDonalds drive through

Excellent!
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:32 pm

villahagler69 wrote:Awful dealings so far in my opinion. Im all for youth and unearthing gems from lower leagues but Villa need leaders at this minute and those with Prem experience. You can only have so many "young and hungry" players in your squad, they need experienced heads to go with them. Think we missed out bigtime on Charlie Adam, he would have fitted us perfectly, exactly the player and personality needed for a young team.

Think we will have Bentenke in by tonight, if Yossi can be brought in with him then it may put us in a better position. Swansea doing good business it seems and Stoke seem to be giving it a go. I hope we dont get left further behind the pack we now run in.

Hagler the signings we have made im happy with.. but you are right we could do with experience ideally from the Prem.. does seem odd that we didnt add a leader to the team.. even thou we paid 15M for Mutton and N Zog who were experienced prem players and both were terrible players!

Someone like Dawson would've been good because the back four will be very inexperienced..

Happy we are getting in another striker ( Bentke ) but worried who will create..

Still a few hours to fo so you never know what develops..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Dunne will be back soon, he will be alongside Vlaar and hopefully he will pull his finger out. Dawson would not be leaving Spuds now anyway after the injury to Kaboul. He would have been a top signing, but not a realistic one unfortunately
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:15 pm

Think we'll play narrow, with Bennett and Lowton bombing up and down the wings.

Remember we still got Gabby, Dunne and Albrighton to come back.

PL has bought in about 7/8 players for 20m, quite good business IMO. I'm still hoping we'll sign another player before the deadline, besides Benteke.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:40 pm

The Crewe captain, Ashley Westwood, has now signed. Not got a scooby about him, but at least he will have been schooled in the proper way at Crewe.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:46 pm

It's a bloody big step up. How many of Lambert's signings do you think he is intending to play this season?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:50 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

I am honoured to have joined such a famous club and play alongside the likes of Jordan Bowery, who I predict one day will emulate his hero Emile Heskey in socring a goal every 15 games if he continues to improve. I would say my biggest assets are speed to get to the front of the queue along with strength in knocking people out of the way if they dare get in front of me for my sausage rolls. When growing up to the size I am now, my idols were the likes of Jan Molby and Neville Southall, along with Mike Gatting (fat fecker beat me in a pie eating contest in 1998). The gaffer has said I will bring much needed experience to the defence, in fact I am older than the other three defenders added together. He has also said there may be another signing before the deadline that will excite the Villa fans (the Asian ones anyway). Cant say too much but the Asian lad is known for being a bit thick off the pitch and talks a lot of shite, but is willing to come to the club if Villa assist him with his corner shop in Bordsley Green and look after his recently born baby.

Missed this earlier. Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Well he hasnt been scared in throwing Lowton into the team, and reckon Westwod could feature quite a bit. As for the chesterfield Heskey, I very much doubt it. When Dunne comes back, we will have Given, Vlaar, Dunne, El Hamadi and Bent through the middle of the team, all quite experienced.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:56 pm

QBVILLA wrote:It's a bloody big step up. How many of Lambert's signings do you think he is intending to play this season?

all of them except the Chesterfield lad..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Gonna be a tough season then
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:02 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Gonna be a tough season then

Gonna be even tougher if they dont Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:04 pm

Has villainies hacked into the yam yams account
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Who is this Benteke fella?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:10 pm

villainies wrote:Who is this Benteke fella?

The new Drogba Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm pleased Lambert is going for players with a point to prove but i think we are dangerously short on experienced Prem players. All of our mid table competitors have brought in established stars. I've got a sense of dread
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Just seen the interview with Westwood, he has big ears
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:18 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I'm pleased Lambert is going for players with a point to prove but i think we are dangerously short on experienced Prem players. All of our mid table competitors have brought in established stars. I've got a sense of dread

Haha. That's a cracker
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Just seen the interview with Westwood, he has big ears

What about Noddy?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:22 pm

We are short on experienced players QB, but personally I am happy with the way Lambert has gone about things. Who have we lost from the end of last season? Collins & Cuellar (ignoring Makoun).

In have come Vlaar, who will be far better than Collins, Lowton (has started well), Holman (looks decent), El Hamadi (looks very good), Westwood ?, Benteke (got a good reputation) & the new Heskey. Added on to that is the fact it seems Ireland is keen to play (probably to get a new contract) and we will play decent football and the younger players are used to this from the younger levels. All in all, I would say we are in a better position than last season.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:24 pm

I'd agree but i think the other clubs are a lot stronger as well.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Maybe, but I would rather sign these young players who are eager to progress in the game. Would love Huddlestone, maybe Fulham will be his destination on loan?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 pm

I forgot the lad from Middlesbrough, he seems a decent prospect.

Benteke is a handsome fecker, I would
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 pm

I think he thinks he is playing in the champions league from his interview with sky Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Compared to you i suppose he is
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next