JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New season

+2
ADRIAN_1976
Tilton
6 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New season - Page 5 Empty Re: New season

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:25 pm

So, back to the bread-and-butter stuff of winning the Premier League and a wee jaunt up to Manchester to play United. That's three points, thankyouverymuch Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:37 pm

apparently manure may surprise you.... they are horny.... whatever that means Shocked Shocked Shocked
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Gotta love Louis van Gaal. He's carrying the entertainment baton while Jose is temporarily away. Him and that German bloke.

The Special One
The Horny One
The German One

The rest of the Premier League managers are all pretty dull compared to those three.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:36 pm

Yup, if you want entertainment The Special One is up there (if a touch annoying), Van Gaal is up there (if a touch boring) and Klopp is there too - but I'm glad my club don't have such a manager. Me, I prefer the more serious ones, Wenger, Martinez, Pochettino (even if he's with a joke club)........it's football I'm interested in not Star Status!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Is that why you get offended when a manager that actually has a personality comes along?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Methinks the likes of Martinez, Wenger and Pochettino have personalities, as have your Maurinhos and Van Gaals, it's just that some are more interested in self-promotion and being the focus of attention - that twat Steve Evans at Leeds is another one - me, I prefer the lower profile and football interest more.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Fair enough but Martinez, Wenger and Pochettino bore me to death. I demand to be entertained by the Premier League and that includes the managers. With all the money that Sky and others pump in, it's the very least we deserve godammit.

But for the record, even I don't like that chump Evans! Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:08 am

We're at Old Trafford tomorrow, that'll give the managers and the "personalities" summit to discuss. Arsenal to win, you say? Mais oui - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:48 pm

No, we weren't there and we will not win the title - might even finish behind Tottingham (is that possible?). Not sure what to think - I mean, losing to this ManU when, earlier in the season we beat their full team 3-0 (and it should've been five). Perhaps that's it. Even when we're good we don't do the full job, so when we're poor we're extremely poor and that was the case today - horrible! This team could and should be doing much, much better. A few weeks back we crashed at St.Marys when a win would've seen us top - now we're down amongst the also-rans..........

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Golry Golry..... CYSO
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:59 am

Amazing innit Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:22 pm

Swansea tomorrow - Fabianski to put on a show or The Arsenal to finally put themselves about with goals from everywhere? We'll just have to wait and see.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:20 am

And now for something completely different - The Arsenal, as a team have disappeared.
Do you remember the football that was played over the past couple of seasons? We looked, at times like Barca. Remember that goal against Norwich, what was it - five first-time touches between four players and goal, brilliant. Nowadays we don't see five passes that don't go astray. Yes we've been missing a couple of key players (Wilshere, Cazorla) but that shouldn't stop the team from functioning.
Bring back The Arsenal - now! I'm getting well pissed off!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:27 am

They will return.... in a few games
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:57 pm

jpr60 wrote:And now for something completely different - The Arsenal, as a team have disappeared.
Do you remember the football that was played over the past couple of seasons? We looked, at times like Barca. Remember that goal against Norwich, what was it - five first-time touches between four players and goal, brilliant. Nowadays we don't see five passes that don't go astray. Yes we've been missing a couple of key players (Wilshere, Cazorla) but that shouldn't stop the team from functioning.
Same old Arsenal! I'm getting well pissed off!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Clutching at straws there, jpr?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:58 pm

Arse are in free fall. Once again. It happens every year Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Fortunately our (or your) "free fall" drops us to within the top four of the Premier League, not like some (a lot of) others, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:49 pm

And now it's the Big'en and this year there's some depth, some context to the battle.
I'm old enough to remember hoping we'd get something from a match against the "Glory, glory" Spurs - a 4-4 draw was not only exciting but considered something of a triumph. Since then the matches have always been looked forward to, of course but usually with a lot less on the outcome other than bragging rights and, TBH we'd usually expect a win. Tomorrow's looks different - Tottingham are above us (but we all know that won't last) and, if we were to lose then a whole heap of shite is gonna descend on the club, the players and, most importantly the manager. No matter that we're through to the last 16 of the CL, the FA Cup (having won it for the past two seasons) and that we're third in the PL, we'll be crucified plain and simple.
So, that's the scenario lads, if you call yourself The Arsenal you'd better get out there and show what you can do at White Hart Lane tomorrow. This time around it's more than a grudge-match, it's serious. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:10 am

Ppppffffffftttttttt... Its the SPuds all the way
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:30 am

It was a great match (especially for the neutral viewer I would imagine), Tottingham on top, then we score and we're in control, then Le Coq cocks up in a big way and we're down but not out and back we went for the equaliser, following which we all but got the winner. Ref was inconsistent (i.e. normal) but both sides probably deserved something and, given that we were down to ten men I reckon us Gooners came out feeling good about the point won. Four well-taken goals - great to see Alexis back on the score-sheet - much, much more to come from him methinks. I thought Elneny had a good debut too - I'd be happy to see him start in midfield from now on, let's see how it goes.
So, does the shite hit the fan now or is everyone waiting for us to lose in the cup - troubling times for Arsene. We won't win the PL (or the CL) this time around but if we pick up from now perhaps there's a third FA Cup and a top-three finish possible - is that enough to prevent a change at the top? We'll see.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:32 am

Well, that was more like a proper Arsenal performance - the first for a long, long time I must say, so too little, too late but at least we showed up!
The MO-COQ relationship looks good, Danny Welbeck put in a shift, Alex Iwobi showed us what's to come from him, Alexis still isn't up to scratch but he worked hard, got an assist for the Welbeck goal (which was an excellent team build-up and take) and Mesut had an excellent first half, tiring a touch in the second (and now injured). Hector Bellerin set up Iwobi's strike with a well-weighted through ball - he now has more assists than Fabregas, I'm told - not bad for a full-back! The defence was class - so, overall, a touch of pre-Spring sunshine to brighten my day. Thanks fellas!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:08 am

We will take the three points against Watford tomorrow with, I hope a resounding win! This will go some (little) way to make up for losing to them in the cup, eh? With both Tottingham and Leicester dropping points (he said hopefully) a good performance and result should push us on for the next one - one match at a time!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Watford 3 gooners 0
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:52 pm

3-0 for the home team - yup, I'm with you on that one Frenchie! Very Happy

jpr60